Edinburgh Dads’ Club
If you are a full-time or contact dad with young children, we can help with:
- Activities & Saturday outings
- Meet other lone fathers
- Support and information
What is the Dads’ Club?
The Dads’ Club organises free activities and outings for single fathers and their young children, including men who only see their children for part of the time.
- We go to soft play centres, swimming, play parks, the beach and other places.
- You and your kids have the chance to suggest where we go and what we do.
- You get the chance to meet other men who are bringing up children on their own and your kids have a great time.
- Other activities are held during the week.
Is it for me?
You need to come with a pre-school child that you look after on your own, although the child doesn’t have to be living with you. Fathers of all ages take part.
Is other help available?
One Parent Families Scotland also runs a free phone helpline (0808 801 0323) which can give detailed advice on a range of problems such as legal rights of unmarried fathers, welfare benefits, child support and housing. We are an independent charity with a lot of experience of the issues facing lone fathers.
Gilmerton Child and Family Centre is a City of Edinburgh Council childcare centre with a day nursery and other family support, part of a network of centres covering all of Edinburgh. Staff can provide parenting support and help you use other council services.